Our diet choices, like a lack of calcium or an abundance of salt, are generally to blame for developing kidney stones. Kidney stones occur due to a high concentration of toxic waste in our urine. They can be as small as a grain of sand or as large as a golf ball, but most often they are about the size of a pea. Small stones can usually pass through the urinary tract without any problems, but larger ones may require surgery to remove them.
The average cost of kidney stone treatment in Mumbai starts from Rs. 30,000 and goes up to Rs. 1,20,000. The total cost of treatment can differ based on various elements such as the city you’re in, the type of surgery, your health coming into the surgery, the surgeon’s experience, and how severe the condition is. There are multiple surgery options, too. For e.g., Kidney Stone Laser Treatment cost in Mumbai is around Rs. 35,000.
The cost of different components of Kidney Stone Treatment can vary depending on the severity of the condition, kidney stone hospital in Kolkata, and more
There are different types of kidney stone surgery in Kolkata, and the costs can vary depending on the method used. Some common treatments include:
– Surgery: This is usually the most expensive option, but it may be necessary if the stones are large or if they’re causing blockages or other complications.
– Medication: There are various medications that can be used to help dissolve or break up kidney stones. These may be taken orally or injected directly into the kidney.
– Shock wave lithotripsy: This involves using sound waves to break up the kidney stones into smaller pieces so they can be passed more easily.
There are several factors that affect the treatment for kidney stone and its cost in Kolkata, including:
– The severity of the symptoms and pain
– The size, location, and number of kidney stones
– Whether the stones can be broken down enough to be passed naturally
– The type of treatment chosen
– Choice of the hospital
– Doctors and anesthetist’s fee
– Diagnostic tests and evaluations
– The method of treatment recommended by the doctor
– Post-surgery care and follow-up consultations
Various factors can influence the formation of kidney stones, including diet, body weight, dehydration, certain medical conditions and infections, and certain supplements and medications. If left untreated, kidney stones can cause complications such as urinary tract infections, bladder stones and even reduced kidney function. Treating kidney stones early can help prevent these complications and save on treatment costs down the road. There are multiple treatments for kidney stones available at different prices.
Signs and symptoms of kidney stone
Kidney stones don’t show any symptoms and can go undetected; however, people who do have kidney stones may report sudden: –
The best way to prevent kidney stones from forming is to keep yourself hydrated. This is especially important if you’re doing vigorous exercise or if it’s cold outside. Drink plenty of water so that your urine is diluted and there’s less of a chance for calcifying agents to build up in your kidneys.
To further reduce your risk of developing kidney stones, you should also:
– Drink plenty of fluids
– Reduce your sodium intake
– Minimize animal proteins in your diet and replace them with plant proteins such as legumes, nuts, and sunflower seeds
– Eat calcium-rich foods
– Maintain a healthy weight
– Avoid oxalate-rich foods such as spinach, wheat germ, and peanuts
Gmoney Health Show has a short video on kidney stones. Dr. Navnath Shivaji Londhe, a renowned Laparoscopic and Uro Surgeon, is the director of DevGanga Hospital and provides guidance on kidney stone formation and prevention techniques.
Introducing GMoney’s medical loan for kidney stone treatment! You can apply for an instant loan from GMoney and pay for any type of medical treatment. GMoney has a network of top hospitals in India in all major cities, so you can get the best possible care without worrying about medical bills. A medical loan from GMoney is a hassle-free way to pay your expenses. You can choose no-cost, flexible EMIs that fit your budget, so you don’t have to worry about the burden of heavy medical bills.
Disclaimer: THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE.